Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Five Favorite Pins of January Link-Up!

Hi everyone!

    Aileen Miracle is hosting another "Five Favorite Pins" Link-up and I'm so excited to be a part of it! I have been scouring Pinterest for some awesome Winter-themed Pins, and here are some of my favorites that I will be using in the coming weeks:



1) These two videos have the same audio, but different visuals. I do a lesson with Kindergarten that revolves around teaching them the song Once There Was A Snowman, and I am so excited to be able to use at least one of these to augment the lesson:



2) In keeping with the snowman theme, I have been exploring High/Low and Up/Down with Kindergarten (as per my last blog post), and used a similar Boomwhacker song to reinforce that concept (Ebeneezer Sneezer). This should be a fun one to use now that they're familiar with the Boomwhackers!



3) Thought this was a really cute game to use with younger grades, no need to introduce the actual Rondo form, but it's a great beginning use of the form:



4) Thinking about using this idea for my Music in Our Schools Month hallway display, except changing it to: When you close your eyes and think of music, what do you see?


5) Two great Vocal Explorations from Smart Exchange:



Okay, I'm cheating a little because I had a snow day today, and therefore more time to pin, so here is one extra one...6) I used the similar Fall Leaves activity from the Totally Tuned in Teacher on TPT, and this is a similar rhythm/math/coloring activity- great for centers!!


Enjoy, and link up with us following the directions here: 

Here's hoping we go back to school tomorrow, so that I can prep my performance for two weeks from now!!
~Molly






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the party! I love the "when you close your eyes" idea...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your link-ups, thanks for hosting them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Molly! I'm so excited to find another elementary music teacher out here in blogger-land! AND, I am so honored and excited to see "Skate into Rhythm" as one of your Favorite Pins!!!! Thank you, thank you sooo much for writing such a nice comment about it. I love using these with my kids - they're hilarious and ask me for more and I have to say, have saved my voice when I've been under the weather, especially in the winter. Thanks for sharing your favorite pins - I'm going to go check out the snowman/skater smart exchange vocal exploration one and I love your idea for the hallway during music in our schools month - I always have trouble coming up with ideas, so thank you! :) Sincerely, Tina Jones

    ReplyDelete