Aileen Miracle is hosting another "Five Favorite Pins" Link-up and I'm so excited to be a part of it! I have been scouring Pinterest for some awesome Winter-themed Pins, and here are some of my favorites that I will be using in the coming weeks:
1) These two videos have the same audio, but different visuals. I do a lesson with Kindergarten that revolves around teaching them the song Once There Was A Snowman, and I am so excited to be able to use at least one of these to augment the lesson:
2) In keeping with the snowman theme, I have been exploring High/Low and Up/Down with Kindergarten (as per my last blog post), and used a similar Boomwhacker song to reinforce that concept (Ebeneezer Sneezer). This should be a fun one to use now that they're familiar with the Boomwhackers!
3) Thought this was a really cute game to use with younger grades, no need to introduce the actual Rondo form, but it's a great beginning use of the form:
4) Thinking about using this idea for my Music in Our Schools Month hallway display, except changing it to: When you close your eyes and think of music, what do you see?
5) Two great Vocal Explorations from Smart Exchange:
Okay, I'm cheating a little because I had a snow day today, and therefore more time to pin, so here is one extra one...6) I used the similar Fall Leaves activity from the Totally Tuned in Teacher on TPT, and this is a similar rhythm/math/coloring activity- great for centers!!
Enjoy, and link up with us following the directions here:
Here's hoping we go back to school tomorrow, so that I can prep my performance for two weeks from now!!