Thursday, January 30, 2014

Techie Tips Linky Party

Hi everyone!

     I've decided to link-up to Aileen Miracle's Techie Tip Linky Party this week!



I thought I'd share my favorite way to record parts for my Faculty Choir (which will be featured in a blog post at the end of this month!) - Audacity!!



You can download audacity for FREE by clicking on the picture above, which brings you to the website. This is the easiest way to record individual parts, a song for a sub, or even layer your voice singing different parts. In my opinion, it is a tool that every music teacher should know about and use frequently.

My experience with Audacity started as I was making a baby shower gift for one of my friends: a compilation of lullaby recordings and a guide for how to learn them yourself. Audacity made it so easy to sing a song and then layer a second part over the top of it!

These are the basic instructions for how you use it:


  1. Download Audacity using the link above (click on the picture).
  2. Download Lame- the mp3 encoder you will need to export your recordings to your Desktop or to iTunes.
  3. Open Audacity and decide what you're going to record, go to File-->New, and a new window will open.
  4. Find the control panel and click Record (looks like any CD/Tape Player controls).
  5. Record what you want and then click Stop.
  6. Play it to make sure it's what you want, and re-record if necessary.
  7. Go to File--> Export, make sure it's saving to your Desktop as an mp3 file and give it a name you'll remember.
  8. Look on your desktop and voila! There is the file and it can be played in iTunes, embedded on your website, or added to a SmartBoard presentation!
Recording made easy! Enjoy!!
~Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment