I am linking up with Teaching Trio for their Sunday Scoop!
1) I have no motivation to put up new bulletin boards this year, and I never really have a classroom theme like some music teachers do...so I'm still struggling with what to put up, but our Open House is Friday morning, so I have to figure something out before then!
2) My first day of music activity for grades 1-5 is a listening activity using emojis- find out more about it in this blog post! I need to prep some manipulatives for the younger kids and make sure I know the procedure for the older kids with iPads (assuming they brought them back!! Fingers crossed!)
3) My colleague and I really want to make a Back to School video that includes all of our staff in the school, but I know some people will be resistant to the idea of dancing and looking silly in a video, so I'm hoping to change their minds and get it done before Open House!
1) I have many options for Winter Concert music, but I want to make sure that I've picked it and am ready to start teaching it towards the end of September!
2) I LOVE MY NEW RUG!! It is so colorful and new and beautiful and I have never had a rug before- can you tell I'm excited! In any case, I am happy to have it, but since I was using moveable carpet squares recently, I need to try some stuff out to make sure I know how my kids will be sitting when they come in my room starting September 8th.
Wednesday is our annual Back to School meeting for the Arlington Arts Ed Faculty, so I'm excited to see some familiar faces! A bonus for this year is that I am a lead music teacher in my county, which means that I'm involved in a lot of the sessions and activities that will be going on all day. It is always great to see arts colleagues and reconnect after the summer- we rarely get to socialize and swap ideas, so it is something I look forward to all summer long!
Have a wonderful week!