I am honored to have been nominated by another music teacher blogger- Melanie from Confressions of a Kodaly Music Teacher- for the One Lovely Blog Award!
If you have been nominated, you should:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog!
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
So here are my seven things:
- I teach and live in my hometown of Arlington, VA and I am lucky to love my job and my life here! Not many people think that moving back home sounds like a great idea, but it has worked out for me!
- I went to Westminster Choir College of Rider University in Princeton, NJ and received a Bachelors in Music Education and a Masters in Teaching- all in 4 1/2 years!
- I was a founding member of the Lambda Tau chapter of Sigma Alpha Iota- a professional women's music fraternity- at Westminster.
- My first job was actually a maternity leave position- 5 months of Elementary General Music teaching- for a teacher in Hamilton, NJ. Funny story- she was also the accompanist who played for the winter concert while I was student teaching at a high school in Robbinsville, NJ.
- Just in case you weren't already aware from reading this blog, I have totally immersed myself in the Twitterverse over the past 6 months. I just hit a huge Twitter milestone- 1,000 followers! If you haven't followed me already, please do, and I'll follow back! My handle is @mspatricianhfb.
- I have an adorable, but crazy, cat named Aria (yes, I did the nerdy music thing and picked a musical name), who I love...most of the time. ;)
- I have recently started volunteering for The Reading Connection, a non-profit organization that brings read-aloud programs and free books to children in shelters and low-income housing all over the DC Metro area. I love being able to give back, while also doing something I love- working with children and reading. :)
Here are my 15 blog nominations- this is always hard because a lot of the awesome blogs I read have already been nominated, but I'll try my best!
- Michelle at One Grateful Teacher
- Kelly at New Leaf Wellness
- Kristen, Juliet, and Cassie at Teaching Trio
- Shelley Burgess at Reflections of an educational learner and teacher
- Elizabeth at Organized Chaos
- Jen at Noteworthy by Jen
- Michelle at Music with Miss W
- Eoin at Eoin Lenihan Education
- Sarah at Sarah Da Teechur
- Justin Tarte at Life of an Educator
- Judith at Music at Malcolm Bridge Elementary!
- Kristin at Musical Musing with Mrs. Lukow
- Michelle at Music Teacher Michelle
- Ashley at Elementary Music Resources
- Melissa at Mrs. Stouffer's Music Room
Apparently the bloggers named Michelle win my list of nominations- I didn't even notice until now that I followed 3 different blogs by teachers named Michelle! :)
Congrats to my blogging peers for being so awesome and I hope you have fun finding some great teachers to nominate!!