Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Ten Things I Want to Do This Summer



Hi again! I'm loving these end of year linky parties, so I'm latching onto all of them now that I'm in the home stretch of my school year!

Here are 10 things I want to do this summer:

1) RE-LAX!! I just moved into a new apartment with an awesome balcony and pool and I cannot wait to sleep in and enjoy my time off!

2) Spend time with friends and family and in new places- starting with the Poconos and ending with a trip to Spain, I am planning on making the most of this summer and seeing everyone and everything that I can!!

3) Be a presenter at Arlington's Festival of the Minds. I am presenting two workshops, one Beginning GarageBand and two sessions on Reflective Teaching in the Technological Age- focusing on using blogging and Pinterest as reflective teaching tools. I'm excited to be the one imparting some of my knowledge for once!!

4) Add some new summer recipes to my list! Last year my roommate and I made some interesting pasta salads and fun meals while we had our summer time off (she is also a teacher), and I am looking forward to doing that again!

5) Figure out how to integrate more of my resources into my teaching next year. I use SO many things: Spotlight on Music, Game Plan, and countless SmartBoard and iPad resources, plus whatever I have gained from Pinterest and reading other blogs, but I haven't mastered the ability to really make them all work together. I want to try to do some of that this year.

6) Plan next year's 3rd Annual All School Show. I want next year's to have a literacy theme, so I'm already pondering what we will be doing. :)

7) Try to figure out if I am actually creative enough to open a TeachersPayTeachers store next year- who knows!

8) Figure out some fun date nights for my boyfriend and I around the D.C. Area!

9) Read some of the books I've been dying to read, but always fall asleep before actually picking up!!

10) Come back to our in-service week in August feeling refreshed and excited for a new year of teaching adventures! :)

I'd love to hear about what you all are planning on doing with your summers! Link-up by clicking the picture at the top of my post or comment on my post here!

No comments:

Post a Comment