Friday, May 30, 2014

Oops...I Did It Again! Linky Party

So after participating in two of them this week, I thought I'd start a Linky Party of my own and maybe see who else is reading my blog!

I feel like Britney Spears was part of the beginning of my (maybe misguided) music education, so in her honor I'm hosting a party called "Oops...I Did It Again!" to show a successful teaching idea that has carried over to the next year. Please link up below if you are interested in sharing your multi-year successes!!



My "Oops I Did It Again" success is creating a medley of pop songs for 5th grade promotion. If you want to check out 2013's medley, click on this link. This year, my group is a bit more manageable, however they are into that end of year mode where they really are ready to move onto 6th grade...3 more weeks- oof!

So just like last year, they made suggestions of what songs we should put into our promotion medley and I combined them into one song about 7 minutes in length. The songs included are:

Wing$- Macklemore (I changed the words of the rap at the beginning and used the chorus part)
Neon Lights- Demi Lovato
Best Day of My Life- American Authors
Pompeii- Bastille
Brave- Sara Bareilles
Let It Go- from Frozen
Cups- Anna Kendrick

Some of the songs have short solos in them, which I just held auditions for this week and assigned this morning- we will see how they react- I think I was too nice, I gave most people who tried out a solo or a duet, but hey, it's elementary school!

I'm excited to see how this one turns out, but feel free to watch my video of the medley yourself! The karaoke is included for everything except the rap at the beginning, but here are the lyrics to that:

I was eleven years old, when I got to this school
And I stepped inside,
And I was like, Momma,
this school right here, it's gonna make me fly
I hit those halls, and when I jumped, I jumped, I swear I got so high
I touched the net, Momma I touched the net,
This is the best day of my life



I look forward to hearing back from any of you about your "Oops...I Did It Again" moments! Add your link below!

Happy Friday
~Ms. Patrician


No comments:

Post a Comment