Monday, September 15, 2014

A Peek at My Week

Happy Monday Everyone!!

         This week I am once again linking up with Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for A Peek at My Week!


This week I am using Emily F. of The Sweetest Melody's Fall Into Music activities in 3 different grade levels. I bought this bundle off of Teachers Pay Teachers last year, and LOVE IT!! Thank you for this incredible resource!!

1st Grade will be reviewing high/low and up/down using the song Leaves, which goes up and down the scale and then adds Boomwhackers to make it even more fun!!


2nd Grade will be reviewing Sol, Mi, and La and where they go on the music staff by learning and singing The Pumpkin Patch and then using Cherie Herring's Pumpkin Patch Solfege activity.



3rd Grade will be reviewing rhythms and also Do, Re, and Mi using Hop Old Squirrel and hopefully adding movement and instruments!



My 5th graders will finish up their Soundtrack of my Summer project, adding their CD cover, so that it can hang outside my classroom for everyone to see as they walk by. My 4th graders will continue reviewing recorder notes from last year using centers and group work.

Kindergarten will continue their Farm unit from Game Plan, learning about the lamb this week! We will also add "tiptoe" to our action game (we have colored cards that indicate "stop," "walk," and "slow motion" so far), play a listening game using maracas, and sing "Betty Martin."

PreK and Montessori classes are still learning the rules and procedures of the classroom through movement, instrument playing, and, of course, SINGING!!

Have a great week, everyone!
~Ms. Patrician

No comments:

Post a Comment