Monday, September 8, 2014

A Peek at My Week

Happy Monday!!

     That must mean it's time to link up with Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for A Peek at My Week!



Today is the last day that I will see *new* classes for the year, so tomorrow starts my second lesson of the school year.

This year I am trying to make Centers a big part of the music classroom. Since I have 60 minute classes, I would love to spend half the time doing a whole group activity and the other half doing some centers- adding on as the year goes. As I stated last week, 1st grade will be learning how to use the Musical Groceries Center, and 2nd-3rd will be learning how to use the Lego Rhythm Center. Links and credits are included in my previous post.

The other thing that will be a big part of our week will be our Hoffman Boston All Star School Song!! Last year each class in the school K-5 worked together to write a part of this song, which is now sung at each major event in the school community. Each class will be recording a video of themselves singing the song that will be broadcast in classrooms before our morning news, HBTV. It is so great to see that returning students still know the lyrics and movements!

PreK and Montessori will be working on procedures and learning a little more about our Australian animals, the Platypus and Kookaburra, using books and the chant "Down Under".

Kindergarten will continue their Farm unit, using Game Plan materials, with a visit to the Hen House!!

4th grade will continue working with recorders after writing in their listening notebooks.

5th grade will learn the 5th Grade All County Honors Chorus audition song and then play the following Drum Circle Game:


Have a wonderful 2nd Week of September!!

~Ms. Patrician


No comments:

Post a Comment