Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday Scoop 1-25-15

After a wonderful brunch in DC with my boyfriend, I am now thinking about the week ahead, and unless we get a snow day tomorrow (fingers crossed!), this will be our first full week back without delays or days off since before Winter Break!! Ahh!!

In any case, I am joining one of my favorite linky parties, Sunday Scoop, hosted by Teaching Trio!


Without further ado, here is my Sunday Scoop!!



Have to:

1) On Wednesday my school is hosting it's first Title I event of the year, Snow Apps Spectacular! During this event, parents will be able to try out some of the apps that their students are using with the iPads (especially upper grades with the 1:1 iPads) in the classroom. Since one of my close colleagues, Mary Ruth, is planning the event, she asked me to work with her to get our parents more involved with Twitter, now that our staff has gotten so involved with this social media platform. I will be holding information sessions about Twitter and encouraging parents to sign up and follow us to get updates about activities at school, including snow day activities tweeted out by teachers!! We're hoping for a great turnout and hopefully we will have a ton more parents following us by Wednesday night!

2) Emily, Brad, and I are finally back on track with cooking schedules each week, so I am in charge of dinner tonight and Thursday night. Em is working on our other two meals of the week as we speak! Tonight- Black Bean Chicken Soup with Cornbread, Monday- Tuna Noodle Casserole, Tuesday- Sloppy Joe Cups, Thursday- Baked Ziti. Go team! (Also...when did we become organized adults!?)

3) On Friday, our second monthly #HFBTweets Twitter contest comes to a close! The competition is steep between our PreK team and our 2nd Grade team! I can't wait to see who wins this time!!

Hope to:

1) Figure out how to do my taxes on my own for the first time. Excited to get my tax refund to put in savings!!

2) I hope to plan through the month of February...cross your fingers that this happens by Friday!

Happy to:

I get to see my best friend and my old roommate this weekend for a short Poconos getaway weekend and I can't wait!! Friday at 1 PM- here I come!!

Hope you have a great Sunday afternoon!
~Ms. Patrician

1 comment:

  1. Taxes is on my to do list also! Good luck with yours!
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete