Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Flipped Recorder Lessons with Zaption!

Good evening!

    I have had a wonderfully relaxing snow day today here in VA, but I am preparing myself for this glorious four day weekend to end and I am getting prepped for the next week at school! One of my most recent curriculum items that I have started is 3rd grade recorder. As I'm sure my music teacher friends know, it's okay to have a love-hate relationship with recorders, so I'm trying to change up my teaching style this year!

My school has recently started a 1:1 iPad initiative with our 2nd-5th grade students and I have been trying to think of ways to flip my classroom, so why not start with recorders? I have started using Zaption in my classroom centers and it is a really great tool, so I thought I'd try it out with my 3rd graders! Here are a few of the "tours" that I have created for iPad centers and use at home:

Reading and playing the notes B-A-G: http://www.zaption.com/tours/54e20d6f8d66a4596a8e10f8.




Practice for 3 more B-A-G songs: http://www.zaption.com/tours/54e210fea63c6c706d7bd39e.


If you are interested in creating your own Zaption tours, please visit the tutorial I wrote a couple weeks ago here: Teaching with Streamed Video using Zaption. Let me know if you make your own- I'd love to check them out and use them in my classroom as well!

Have a great week!
~Ms. Patrician

No comments:

Post a Comment