Friday, February 6, 2015

My Favorite Twitter Chats!

As promised, here is my post on my favorite Twitter Chats! I am linking up with Teaching Trio (again, I love you guys!) for their Favorite Things Linky!


Here are my Three Favorite Twitter Chats:


1) #BFC530: If you haven't joined in or at least lurked on the sidelines of this chat, you HAVE to!! I have met some of the most inspired, insightful, and excited educators ever in this 15-min a day chat. It takes so little time to have a wonderful conversation and start your day off on a positive note. The chat happens every Monday-Friday at 5:30 AM EST and MST. Now, I'll be honest- I participate at 7:30 AM EST (the #BFC530 MST chat), because there's no way I'm getting up at 5:30 AM! I am in there almost every day from 7:30-7:45 AM chatting with some of the regulars and also those who are there less often. This chat is also where I found out about Dave Burgess' Teach Like a Pirate and the book study that grew out of this chat- #bfctlap. #BFC530 is SUCH a great chat- please check it out!!

2) My school is in Virginia, so I participate in #vachat and #NoVAchat on a regular basis and it's wonderful to talk with educators who are teaching in the same area. Nice to have a closer PLN, and I'm even going to meet some of them at #edcampnova and #edcamparlington! Woohoo! If you don't live in Virginia, most states have their own edchat that you can easily find- if you need help, check out this list from @cybraryman1: Twitter Education Chat List. #vachat is every Monday evening from 8-9 PM EST and #novaedchat is every Wednesday night from 8-9 PM EST.

3) I am an elementary music teacher, so how could I forget the #elmused chat that happens on Tuesday nights from 8-9 PM EST. In fact, the regular moderator is busy this Tuesday, so I will be moderating the chat on my own! Ahh- pressure's on!! If you are an elementary music teacher, please come chat with us, we are a great group of connected educators and there is always a wonderful conversation going on! We even have a #slowchatmus, which is one question every day Monday-Friday that can be answered at your own pace. So if you can't join us on Tuesday nights, please join in the #slowchatmus when you can during the week under the hashtag #elmused!

Check out a full Twitter Education Chat List here from @cybraryman1 to find more awesome chats that you can join each week: Twitter Education Chat List

I hope that you all join some of my favorite chats! Let me know if you heard about them on my blog- my handle is @mspatricianhfb! I love to see new friends chatting!

Have a wonderful weekend!
~Ms. Patrician


No comments:

Post a Comment