Sunday, December 28, 2014

Liebster Award

Happy to announce that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Rachel at Music with Mrs. Tanenblatt! Thanks for the nomination, Rach! :)



The Liebster Award was created to highlight blogs with growing audiences.

The rules for receiving this award are:

  1. In your post link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and a 'shout out'.
  2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer. (The questions I have answered please)
  3. Nominate 11 people (Blogs with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post. 
  4. Let your nominees know and provide them with a link back to your post (so they can see the rules)
  5. No nominating the person who nominated you, however send them a thank you :)

1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I started blogging at the end of my first full year of teaching at Hoffman Boston, here in Arlington, VA. I had been reading a bunch of teaching blogs and loved learning from other teachers all over the place, so I decided to start sharing as well!
2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Reflective. I use my blog to share my teaching successes and to reflect back upon them. It has been one of the most useful tools to me, since it allows me to find the good in every week of teaching. I love blogging, and I love being part of such a rich community of educators in the blogisphere!
3. Is there something you learned late in your blogging journey you wished you knew before?
Not really- I'm still in my 2nd year of really blogging, so still connecting with others and hoping to learn more as I go!

4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
Lately, when I'm not hanging out with my friends, it's participating in Twitter chats. Yeah, I know Twitter has been around for awhile, but I have recently started using it as a professional development tool- similar to my blogging, but more interactive. Follow me @mspatricianhfb! Comment if you'd like to learn more about educational Twitter chats- there are even specific music ed ones!!

5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog/TpT?
On a normal week, I post at least twice, so that will be 2-3 hours. However, I participated in #NaBloPoMo (National Blog Post Month) in November, so I was spending 7-10 hours a week on my blog. It was a great feat to get through that- though it is not always the easiest thing to come up with 7 blog topics each week!

6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
I enjoy reading music teaching blogs (weird, I know), but mostly those blogs that approach a concept that everyone is teaching in a different, new, or fun way! For instance, I loved reading all of the different Nutcracker ideas this past month, and I ended up teaching using the Nutcracker music for the first time this year! It was a blast!
7. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My students, my coworkers, and my classroom. I love my job so much, and I blog to share what is happening!

8. Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
I am going to cheat and cite two of my blog posts- both about Kindergarten music: Teaching Opposites to Kindergarten and How to Survive an Hour-Long Kindergarten Music Class. My biggest challenge at the beginning of my teaching was working with Kindergarten and really keeping them focused the whole time. Now that I have a handle on it, I am happy to be able to share my successes with others.
9. Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have been postponing it for a while now?
Nope! I basically post when I am excited about something- I don't have much of a filter, so if you start following, you'll see that I'm pretty open in my posts! :)

10. What's your favorite aspect of blogging?
Linking up and sharing with other bloggers! Once I discovered Linky Parties, I got way more into blogging! I loved finding new blogs, and I loved having new ideas to share with everyone. Thanks to everyone who hosts the link-ups- they are so fun!
11. Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself?
I really liked your post about the stretchy band! I just won a bunch of money to use in my classroom, so I am considering getting one for myself!!

Here are my nominees! (Not sure I can find 11 people who haven't been nominated, but I will share some of my favorite blog discoveries and hope that they are excited to be nominated- even if it's the 2nd or 3rd time! Not all of them are music teachers!)
  1. Melissa at Mrs. Stouffer's Music Room
  2. Bonnie at MelodySoup
  3. Beth at Morrow in the Middle
  4. Kristen, Juliet, and Cassie at Teaching Trio
  5. Mrs. Dennis at Music With Mrs. Dennis
  6. Clare at We <3 Music at HSES!
  7. Jennifer at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings
  8. Aileen at Mrs. Miracle's Music Room
  9. Ellen at The Crafty Music Teacher
  10. Tanya at Tanya's Kodaly Aspiring Blog
  11. Allison at Mallets and Music

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and that you're revving up for an exciting new year!
~Ms. Patrician

No comments:

Post a Comment