Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Nutcracker Movies

My plan for Monday and Tuesday of this week was to do some more Nutcracker activities, but after coming down with yet another sickness on Sunday, I decided to follow up last week's Nutcracker lessons with a showing of either the ballet or the animated version.

I thought I'd share my YouTube finds because they are of very good quality and the kids LOVED them both! It was a great follow up to the lessons last week- the kids really understood the story and loved hearing the songs that they used in their activities.

Here is a version of the ballet filmed in 2012 at the Mariinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg, Russia- I used this for Kindergarten-3rd grades:


Here is a version of the (slightly altered story) Nutcracker Prince- a cartoon film from 1990, I used this for PreK and Montessori:


In addition, with my 1st graders (who can't sit for a whole hour watching a movie), I added the snowflake ballerina activity found here. It was a little hard for their little hands, but the results were really cute!

Hope everyone who was still in school had a great last couple days- I just have a school-wide Sing Along later- then heading home for a much-needed, restful winter break!!
~Ms. Patrician

No comments:

Post a Comment