Monday, November 24, 2014

Go Noodle!

First of all, if you have not yet voted for my Hoffman Boston students in the Michael and Son Jingle Sing-Off Contest, please do so now! It takes two seconds and my program could win $5,000! Vote Here! If you have already voted- THANK YOU! and you may do so again- it is working for most people to vote again on their phones and computers after a couple days have passed!!

Now on to my real topic for the day...GoNoodle.com!


This has been an amazing tool this year. I teach 1st-5th graders for 60 minutes once a week, and by the last 15 minutes, my younger kids are, understandably, very squirrely, even if we have been doing movement that day! I use GoNoodle as a transition tool or as an "end of the class, you've done a great job sitting still!" treat!

The best part about GoNoodle for me is that I can track each class' progress separately! Since I teach so many classes a week, it is so great to really be able to access each class quickly and easily!


As you can see from the pictures above, each class has a different GoNoodle "mascot." They all have silly names, and I just choose a different one for each class. The first picture shows one class and their progress- they have watched 5 videos. 

The videos that are available are varied: Koo Koo Kangaroo (The Rollercoaster one is my current favorite!), Zumba Kids, Kidz Bop!, GoNoodle's own videos, Fitness challenges, the choices are endless!




After you watch each video, the kids see their progress and get a special message!




Once the kids get to 10- the character starts to grow! Each time you hit a milestone, the mascot will grow- it's cool to be able to work up to that!




Now he's bigger!!

The video that I'm using this week is a ridiculous Turkey video- the kids think it's hilarious and they get to shake it out while watching! You should definitely check it out, if only to get a laugh for yourself this afternoon!


GoNoodle is FREE for a low level account (which is all you need)! You should definitely use it in your classroom, especially if you have those extra wiggly kids and you're trying to teach something like reading notes on the SmartBoard! Even my older kids enjoy these videos!

Enjoy your short week everyone! 
~Ms. Patrician

No comments:

Post a Comment