Sunday, November 2, 2014

What Did You Do On Halloween?

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

       I'm sure that everyone is having an awesome and musical Halloween at school today! I'd love to know what everyone's creative ideas were for lessons AND costumes!! Please comment to share your costumes!!

My costume was...

...Taylor Swift! Complete with songbook and cat on shoulder

I did a ton of Halloween themed stuff this month:

Kindergarten- 5 Little Pumpkins, Pumpkin March from Music K-8, and Creepy Crawly Spider- thanks to AimeeHappy Halloween Everyone!!!

       I'm sure that everyone is having an awesome and musical Halloween at school today! I'd love to know what everyone's creative ideas were for lessons AND costumes!! Please comment to share your costumes!!

My costume was...

...Taylor Swift! Complete with songbook and cat on shoulder

I did a ton of Halloween themed stuff this month, and I used a lot of the freebies I got from the 13 Nights TpT event:

PreK- We had a Halloween-themed free dance song for 3 weeks in a row: Thriller, This Is Halloween, and Witch Doctor (chipmunks version)

Kindergarten- 5 Little Pumpkins, Pumpkin March from Music K-8, and Creepy Crawly Spider- thanks to Aimee at O Fortuna for that one!!

1st Grade- Halloween ta/ti-ti composition (which was my first TpT free product!!), The Little Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything, Spooky Rhythms cut, sort, and paste, and Creepy Crawly Spider vs. The Itsy Bitsy Spider (talking about how they sounded different- intro to Major/minor)

2nd Grade: What Will You Be on Halloween?- intro to Do, Fall vocal explorations, Pass the Pumpkin, Do the Igor from Music K-8, Zombie Style from Music K-8, Creepy Crawly Spider

3rd Grade: Monster Mash Musical Math, creating iPod cover art for In the Hall of the Mountain King

4th Grade: sadly we did not have time for Halloween activities this month :(

5th Grade: Stirring the Brew- intro to 6/8 meter, creating iPod cover art for In the Hall of the Mountain King, Monster Mash Musical Math, M/m Halloween SmartBoard sorting activity

Hope everyone had a great Halloween weekend!!

As an added bonus, here is my nighttime costume- I attended a live show of Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Little Theater of Alexandria and dressed up as Magenta, teased hair and all:


Now on to November...
~Ms. Patrician

No comments:

Post a Comment